Sunday 29 May 2011

A new food!


I almost couldn't believe my luck when I found a bag of maple syrup flakes at BulkBarn!  I had read about them in my CleanEating magazine, and I even googled them to see if I could order them from somewhere!  It was crazy expensive to ship them, so I just gave up.

I've only tried them in my tea, which is pretty delicious but I'd love to try them in this new recipe.


Maple Flake Crusted Chicken

Ingredients:
  • 6 ea 6 oz Chicken Breast
  • ½ cup olive oil
  • 2 ea shallots, chopped
  • 1 ea fresh rosemary stalk
  • 1 cup Japanese bread Crumb (Panko)
  • ½ cup Medium Maple Flakes
  • 1 tablespoon chopped herbs
  • ½ teaspoon sea salt
  • 1 pinch ground white pepper
  • 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons clarified butter
Preparation:
  • Marinate the chicken breast with olive oil, shallots and rosemary stalk for 4 hours
  • Mix together the panko, maple flakes, chopped herbs, salt and pepper
  • Pan sear the chicken breast on both side and let rest for 3 minutes
  • Place the Dijon mustard on top of the chicken breast and cover with the panko/maple flake mixture
  • Drizzle the clarified butter on the mixture and bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees until done

No comments:

Post a Comment