Sunday 22 May 2011

Easy as..

So I decided to start with challenge 7.  I love to cook, so trying a new recipe isn't that far out of my comfort zone.  Making piecrust however is.

But I love my husband.  And he loves raspberry tarts, so I thought I'd take a swing at it.  That, and I forgot to buy the frozen tart shells yesterday.


Two pints of raspberries + zest of one lemon.



A heap of love, or a heap and a half if you prefer sweeter


I used the Pie crust 102 lesson at SmittenKitten and it was easy to follow.  Easy was important considering I didn't have much sleep last night.  Taking a toddler to the DriveIn sounds like a great idea, until she wakes you up at 7am.  And you went to bed at 3am.


I had my tools ready. 


I rolled some fabulous dough and used a glass to cut out the tart.


Then I laughed.  Um.  Use a much bigger circle to fit a regular sized muffin tin.  I was going to save this one for my daughter.  But then I ate it.



I used a super-mug to finish cutting out my tarts and tucked them all into place.


Then simply filled them with the delicious sugar coated raspberries.  Then I ate a few off the top of each one.  I mean, I didn't want them to run over and make a mess. 


After I put my daughter back to bed for her nap for a second time, I ran back to the kitchen to grab these.  I think they're a little overdone, but my husband still liked them.  And really, isn't that what my point was?

No comments:

Post a Comment